Student Poster Contest
March 18-20, 2019 | Lafayette, Louisiana
Louisiana Remote Sensing and GIS Workshop presents its annual student poster competition!
Students are encouraged to submit posters depicting their work from class projects, thesis or dissertation work, or individual research.
- Posters should clearly define a research study, map, coursework-related project, personal interest, or other process which incorporates remote sensing and/or geographic science and technology
- Students may submit one poster for the competition
- Students must bring a printed copy for display at the workshop
- Posters should be no larger than 42” x 60”
- Presenters will be provided with an easel and foam core board
- All poster presenters must be registered before the poster is displayed
Judging and Awards:
- Posters will be judged on scientific and technical merit, effective design and use of cartographic principles, & overall impression/quality of work
- Student posters will be judged by a panel of experienced geographic information specialists during the LA RSGIS workshop
- Students must be present during judging to answer questions
- Contest winners will be announced during the awards ceremony